Well, my writing and editing work has been keeping me very busy the last couple of week, but I’ve still managed to find time to enjoy the perks of working from home. Here are five reasons I love my job.
1) I can bake cookies on my lunch hour.
2) My commute equals a short walk down the hall, a stop in the bathroom, a few minutes at the coffee pot, a right into the living room, and just a few more feet to my desk.
3) This morning, I got to listen to the rain and feel the cool morning breeze. Much better than being stuck in an office building.
4) Permission to take an afternoon nap when I can’t keep my eyelids open.
5) Working bare foot. Bye-bye uncomfortable heels.
Now that I made myself sound like a hippy who loves to eat and sleep, here is what I’ve actually been working.
I finished writing web copy for Mita Productions, and Mita posted my wedding planning blog. Every week, I will be writing a post about wedding planning. Stay tuned for my next post about current flower trends.
I had the pleasure of interviewing Virgina Tran, the editor for Hamptons Chef Society. The finished post should be up soon.
Music by Design posted two of my blogs (Something Blue and Something Old…). I also wrote two other posts that will be posted soon.
Most of the week has been spent editing a crime mystery novel. It is a very captivating story. Best of luck to Bill Riveron. I hope to see the book in print one day.
I’m very excited to announce that I have started a new series on A Garden Party blog. Every week, I am featuring a vendor that A Garden Party frequently works with. This week I had the pleasure of talking to Stephan from The Sweet Life Bakery. He and his wife are very inspiring. Click here to check it out.
Well, I better get back to work. I have about 30 pages of the crime novel left to edit, and I am hoping to finish it tonight so I can work on grants and blogs tomorrow. Toodles.